Friday, February 17, 2006

Greasebeast gets a Beer Keg






After missing an earlier bid on a 7.75 stainless keg another one appeared and I won. $37.50 including shipping. This is an alternative to the $149.50 plastic one offered by Snow Performance I need something that will hold up in the bed of the truck and it had to be stainless. Most kegs are aluminium. And methanol will probably corrode it.

We'll be filling this keg with winter formula windshield washer fluid. I have the Snow Performance stage III methanol injector. This is a great product. It factors Boost and Exhaust Gas Temperatures. And I can adjust how much it can inject. I can adjust it for performance or emissions right from my dashboard. It will drop my EGT's thereby dropping NOX emissions. It can inject straight water, 50/50 water&methanol or winter formula windshield washer fluid (which is the cheapest). You can actually inject straight water and increase your HP and drop emssions. Truckers have known this for years and JCWhitney had one to help avoid "pinging". This unit is top notch.

If I was feeling exceptionally politically correct I could gather reclaimed rainwater, run it through a reverse osmosis setup. But that might upset the French who own my water company.

March 30 Update. "Corzine the Intolerable" Governor of the People's Republic of NJ amongst other things placed a tax on my water. Time for reverse osmosis. He's as bad as the French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home