Sunday, September 18, 2005

2005 AltWheels Transportation Festival


This photo was taken and all rights owned by Erik Gehring, Bob Boucher or Steve Connors

This show was so packed compared to last year that I really never saw much more then my truck. I had no real time to see the rest of the show. 2000 people showed for 2004 and 4000 for 2005. Shows you what happens when fuel jumps from $2.50 a gallon to $3.75 a gallon.

The Auto Channel write up of the show

The 2006 Show will be held in that absolutely awe inspiring architectural marvel of the modern age* "The Boston City Plaza". We are expecting 16,000 people. And I expect you to be there too.

*I say this strictly for the locals as they roll their eyes in complete disbelief.

I had another adventure in Boston. I love Boston but I get lost there all the time. You see in NY everything is laid out in a grid accept for the area around Wall St. Boston which is only a few years younger appears to be laid out like a pile of lightly cooked Linguini. The morning of the show I was heading in what appeared to be the right direction and saw a ZipCar so I started following it until I was completely lost. I talked to the ZipCar driver at a gas station only to find out he wasn't an employee of Zipcar nor was he going to some carshow that he hadn't heard of. Then it finally hit me who uses them.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home