Thursday, April 20, 2006

The New York Car Show






I went to the New York Car Show today to whats new. I haven't gone since Mercedes introduced ML350. The Concept SUV was beautiful but what they really released was a "Mercedes Cherokee". I was and still am a fan of the Galandewagon Class. But today the show was below average and really catering to the rich ethnic professional ball player and Rap music crowd.

Porsche has some nice stuff. The fact that you can go 200 mph w/o a turbo is stunning. The new Dodge Challenger Retro was nice. I sat in the new 6" stretched Chrysler 300c nice but they won't give me any information on the diesel ones that they sell in Europe.

To my surprise was what Lexus was introducing for 2007/8

The Lexus 600HL The H is for Hybrid. I am not a hybrid fan since they don't make sense. But this car was absolutely stunning. Lots of HP, mids 20's on the MPG. And a special paintjob and rim combo only for the Hybrid. The color is called "Black Opel". Its a mix of black with hints of purple and awash with flavors of blue and licorice. If I find this paint code it will be the color of the greasebeast. And those headlights are the first ever LED low beams ever offered on a car.

These pics do not due this car justice. It was gorgeous and I am not a Japanese car fan at all. Remember I went to Canada to find an American truck built by Americans. But this paint scheme blows Bentley's "Beluga Black" into the weeds as its a reminder that VW owns them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home