Friday, February 17, 2006

Up in Boston


"It was his first trip to Boston in a big long diesel truck
It was his first trip to Boston he was a havin' lots of luck
He was headed the wrong direction down the one way street in town
And this is what he said when the police chased him down
Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig round
It's the easiest way that I found
Some guys can turn on a dime or turn it right downtown
But I need forty acres to turn this rig around".........

-Red Simpson 1967


I found a new place to do some volunteer work. Boston.... Alternative Wheels Festival.

So I'll add this to list of places I've done volunteer work.

New York-New York Pops@Carnegie Hall (Late 90's) Fundraising for the Kids in the Balcony and Musicians of Tomorrow. Skitch Henderson....your humor will be missed buddy!!!

Sponsored a Maywood, NJ softball team 1997

New York/New Jersey (early 90's) Section A-1 Forest Fire Service and Search & Rescue

New Jersey- (early 90's) Campmaster for the Winter Scouting program at Camp Tamarack and No-Be-Bo-Sco. O.A. Camp Maintenance 1980's and 1990's.

I made the 8am meeting and had a great time. Most of what I need to do I can get done in Jersey. Thank-you internet....

It's only a 4 hour trip and now that I have both XM and Sirius satellite recievers going I am always looking for reasons to drive around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home